sandberggirls

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My Little Literature Ladies

My kids LOVE to read! I guess having a teacher for a mother has some perks! Not a day goes by that we don't enjoy a good book or four, or five, or six. People look at us funny when we leave the library with a bag of 21 books. Hey, what can I say, three books a day, and I'll see ya back here next week.

Of course, it makes me smile inside when I hear both kids' teachers comment on their love of books too. "We always make sure we have a reading station open for Mallory. She loves to read." I know. That's for sure.

And then on to the next conference, "Audrey really enjoys reading and writing. She's been opening the books and looking at how to spell things, so she can write them."

My kids make me so proud!

As you can see, they'll read anywhere, anytime, with anyone. Here is Audrey reading to her kindergarten friend, Hannah (remember the Hoppy story, enough said). Thanks, Hannah, for telling her the words she doesn't know!


Here's Mallory, listening to a book being read by the husband of my friend, Rose. I tell ya, they don't care if it's familiar people or not, they just love books. (I love this picture)

They'll even take time from their argueing to read to each other.

Summer Reading Club begins this week at the local library. You know we'll be there!

Missy

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home