sandberggirls

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Our Travel Abroad

We had a wonderful trip to Deuchland (Germany). Audrey loved flying, or at least the novelty of flying got her through the trip. We first flew from Toledo to Detroit. We were no sooner up and we were headed back down, so it was a good first flight experience for Audrey. Here she is in the tunnel at the Detroit Metro Airport. The tunnel plays music and the colors flash and change. She loved it.


We had an hour and a half to spare at the Detroit Airport, so we rode the Tram back and forth about seven times. That killed an hour. Audrey insisted on holding onto the pole inside the Tram even though she was in the stroller and the wheels were locked. Here she is doing so:


When we got onto our 8 hour flight to Amsterdam, Netherlands, we settled in, read five or six children's books, and ate dinner. I had some chicken/rice/veggie concoction with salad and roll and brownie. Audrey had a chicken nugget looking thing and tator tots, with salad, roll, and cookies.

Later, we watched Marley and Me the movie. Audrey watched about half, and got bored of that. It was probably good because the end was sad. I started to tear up, and she asked me if I still missed Mallory and Daddy. Well, yes, of course, but this movie is sad too.


We sat right in front of the galley and restrooms, so it never really got dark or quiet. Audrey fell asleep after I draped her blankie over her head to block out the light and distractions of people walking by. I, on the other hand, sat very uncomfortably and was only able to close my eyes for about 2 hours, but still heard everything around me. Argh!

We arrived in Amsterdam and went through customs. I was accused of trying to steal my child from her father because I had no form from the police saying that I had the father's permission to take her out of the country without him. I did have a signed letter from him, but they said anyone could have written that because it wasn't notorized or anything. I thought for a minute they were going to send us back to the U.S., but finally they let me through. They just said next time I must have this form. Whatever!

Finally, we made it to Berlin, met Katrin at the gate, and got to our final destination. All in a days work.

Auf Wiedersehen!

Missy

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At June 23, 2009 at 10:29 AM , Blogger Heather said...

    hi! I love the photo of Audrey in the tunnel! I am so sorry about the letter... I can't believe that I forgot about that until the last minute with all of the other lists and help, argh... I'm glad they finally let you through, though! We miss you!

    xoxoxo, Heather & Felicia (and Lucio and Isabella, or course!)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home